Studying in UK and obtaining a degree that adds to the academic and professional credibility of an individual is the dream of many. Realizing this dream often holds true for an increasing number of potential candidates aspiring to take the flight to UK. However, what comes as a challenge for most international students is, understanding the eligibility requirements and criteria making them falter with their dream. This lack of understanding is triggered by the fact that the educational system in each country differs from the other.
Therefore, a proper understanding of the eligibility criteria is much essential for filing an admission form in a particular course of study. This ensures that you have filed the admission application for the right course and that you are eligible of taking the flight to UK for furthering your educational endeavors. A1studycenter has taken the initiative of assisting the students with proper understanding of the eligibility criteria of UK University courses. This eligibility criteria comparison is solely designed for students based in Nigeria willing to study for a UK university degree
Before, comparing the admission requirement of UK Universities
with Nigeria educational system, it is to be kept in mind that the undergraduate degree course in Nigeria differs with disciplines. Here is a look -
• Social Sciences /Humanity related courses - 4 Years (two semester sessions per year)
• Engineering/Technology related courses - 5 Years (two semester sessions per year),
• Pharmacy 5 Years (two semester sessions per year)
• Medicine (Vet/ Human) - 6 Years
• Law 5 Years (two semester sessions per year
Well, assuming that you (learners’ based in Nigeria) are willing to go for an MBA
course, the typical eligibility criteria and admission requirement is mentioned below-
• An undergraduate degree that is after completing 9+3+4 educational system, from an approved university with minimum 2 years of full-time work experience
• OR a candidate possessing five years of professional experience in the management field having proper certifications and references are open to pursing the degree without any undergraduate degree.
• PLUS the candidate must pass the IELTS test scoring 6.5 or equivalent, provided he or she did not receive any English education previously.
Learners willing to go for a diploma-in-strategic-management-and-leadership must meet the certain requirement-
• A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline that is the candidate must complete the 9+3+4 educational system of the country.
• An individual having five years of experience in the field of strategic management can also pursue the course, even if the educational criteria do not match.
• A score of 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent is necessary to prove the English ability.
Learners willing to pursue a degree in law (e.g. an LLB (Hons) Law
) must typically meet the following requirements –
• The candidate need to pass three level of exams with 70 per cent marks or above
• The candidate must have an IELTS 6 .0 score or equivalent proving the English ability
Learners willing to pursue a degree in Business (e.g. a BA (Hons) Business)
must typically meet the following requirements –
• The student must have 70 per cent or above in senior secondary school in mathematics and English or equivalent. • The candidate must have a test score 6.0 proving their ability in English language. The UK University is growing largely as a base for the international students with an increasing number of students enrolling each year. The comparison of eligibility criteria is documented to help learners based in Nigeria dream big; Good Luck! For more information, you can visit www.a1studycenter.com