Distance learning vs Regular Courses–Debatable over Time
With advancement of communication technology, Distance Learning in the present era has come up as a revelation in the world of education. The learning mode that is based on the platform of flexibility has come of age in offering neck-to-neck competition to Regular Courses of study. Distance Learning v/s Regular Courses, the debate over which one is better and more profitable will continue with time.
Until sometime back, the concept of learning through distance was beyond imagination. However, with the introduction of satellite and internet technology, communication facilitating the concept of distance learning in 21st century is no longer restricted by distance and time. Even though, the concept is gaining momentum with time, many educationists and academicians still raises a question about its profitability and value in comparison to Regular Courses.
Well, it is true that campus-based education comes with the advantages of seminars, conferences, library, and classroom – teaching. However, Distance Learning in present era comes with all such benefits.
Key Features of Distance Learning
• With communication becoming easier, offering access to e-libraries, video conferences is no longer a restriction in the mode of Distance Learning.
• Advantages of blogging and social networking are the other pillars of success of Distance Learning.
• learning through distance powered by online communication technology has opened new avenues for both students and professionals
Advantages of Distance Learning
Well, without involving in much comparison with Regular Courses, here is a quick look at some of the benefits that Distance Learning endows a student with –
• Flexible Approach – time and distance is never a restriction in this particular mode of learning. You can learn and gain knowledge at your own Pace
• Online Learning – all, you need to have is a laptop or desktop with Internet connection. Sign up and register for your course and the university to get going with your study program.
• Affordable Costs – the rising cost of education has made it tough for many aspiring students to take admission in a regular course of study. Well, Distance Learning is the right option for them.
• One to One Communication – here, you can have your discussions and classes with your tutor solely. The communication is entirely based on you and your tutor.
• Round-the –clock Online Support – through this particular learning mode, you can get in touch with your tutor anytime; you face a problem in your course of studies.
• Access to Online Libraries – this mode of learning also allows the access of online libraries of the specific institute. You can use this platform to upload your project works in order to get it checked by the instructors.
Distance Learning v/s Regular Courses – An Overview
As, the world is welcoming a new development and innovation in the technological and communication world, the mode of imparting education and knowledge through online are bettering. Distance Learning maximizes freedom, flexibility, convenience, online exposure, and technology, when compared to Regular Courses.